Are you an upholsterer looking for a technically varied and rewarding role? Or perhaps you are looking to get into a new trade but not had the opportunity to do so yet! We have an exciting opportunity to join a team in Newton Abbot as an Upholsterer, or Trainee Upholsterer, for a global manufacturing company who really value their customers and employees.
If you are interested, don't delay in applying - this role won't be around for long!
TITLE: Upholsterer / Trainee Upholsterer
LOCATION: Newton Abbot
SALARY: £21,500-£25,500 per annum dependent on experience
HOURS: Full time, Monday-Friday, 7.30am-4.00pm
BENEFITS: So many benefits! 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, Christmas Shutdown, Friends & Family Referral programme, Pension Scheme, Company Sick pay, Death in Service Payments, Healthcare cash plan scheme, Health & Wellbeing programme, Annual health screen, Life insurance, Free onsite Parking, and an online portal offering vouchers and discounts at many retailers!
THE COMPANY: A pioneering company which has grown rapidly since it's beginnings in 1986. They specialise in the designing, manufacturing, and selling of equipment for children and youngpeople with special needs - every product is made to order and given individual care and attention.
THE ROLE: We are recruiting for a truly rewarding role in manufacturing where the products made change and enhance the quality of life of the client's customers.
The Upholsterer is responsible for upholstering frames with pre-cut and sewn fabrics meeting both quality and efficiency standards. You will have experience tacking and using a staplegun. Experience using Vinyl's, Foam and Polyester is an advantage, but not essential as full training can be provided.
To carry out this role successfully you will need to be physically strong with a good work ethic and have the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Be able to carry out all aspects of upholstery, including patterning, cutting, and tacking
- The ability to take accurate measurements and work out amounts of materials
- Work as part of a team
- Be able to understand and carry out instructions
- Produce a quality product in the allocated time
- Be flexible to move onto other duties within the factory
- Relevant up-to-date experience in an upholstery role (training will be provided)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good spoken and written English
- Patience and perseverance
- Safety awareness
- Be dependable and professional
- Be resourceful and self-confident
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision
- Be able to communicate competent advice effectively at all levels
- Demonstrate the core values of the organisation
- Can work independently and manage own schedule
- Wants to work cohesively and supportively for the organisation!
TO APPLY: If this role is of interest to you then please apply online, send your CV to Tania.Lockhart@office-angels.com or call us on 01392 426200.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact