*Are you an experienced Technical Estimator and confident self-starter?
*Do you have strong problem solving and analytical skills?
*Would you like to work within a rewarding environment and diverse role?
Office Angels Livingston are collaborating with a market leading business for a Permanent Technical Estimator. The role is perfect for someone who has previous experience within technical estimating for instrumentation, mechanical, electrical, and supply only projects. Based in Dunfermline, Fife with a highly competitive salary depending on experience + benefits. The core hours are 37.5hrs hours per week, Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 4.30pm and Friday 8.00am - 2pm.
Our client are highly successful and you will play a key role within the business by providing cost effective solutions to a diverse customer base. Supporting the Sales Director and work closely alongside the Sales as well as the Engineering teams to create and develop proposals that are inline with the client's requirements, profitable and commercially viable for all parties. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages is essential as is previous working knowledge of CRM systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, or estimating software, would be highly advantageous.
- Analyse project specifications, drawings, and other documentation to prepare accurate cost estimates for instrumentation, mechanical, electrical, and supply only quotes.
- Collaborate with the sales and engineering teams to develop project proposals that meet the client's needs and budget.
- Source pricing for materials and equipment, negotiate pricing with vendors, and evaluate the total cost of ownership.
- Identify potential project risks and propose solutions to mitigate them.
- Review and analyse project budgets, schedules, and resource requirements.
- Provide support during the project execution phase by assisting the project management team in reviewing change orders, identifying cost savings opportunities, and performing project close-out activities.
- Maintain accurate records of estimates and cost data for future reference.
- Continuously monitor industry trends and technological advancements to stay up to date. with new products and best practices.
Skills and Experience required:
- Proven experience in a like for like or similar Technical Estimator role is essential
- Excellent Microsoft Office including Excel skills are essential
- Proven working knowledge of Estimating systems or CRMs such as Microsoft Dynamics highly desirable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations
- Experience in project management is desirable.
Interested? Please call Nadia at Office Angels Livingston today or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact