We're excited to be working with a leading global designer, producer, and marketer of a broad range of innovative, high-quality products who have a rare opportunity to join them in a Stock and Logistics Manager role.
Job Title: Stock and Logistics Manager
Location: Exeter/Hybrid working following initial training
Hours: Full time/Permanent
Salary: Up to £33,000 PA
Benefits: Casual dress, company pension, cycle to work scheme, employee discount, generous holiday, life insurance, onsite parking as well as a referral programme.
The Company: Our client is highly successful in the UK, France and Germany and supplies their products to their customers across Europe, Middle East and parts of Asia. The company has a high regarded reputation globally but has kept a unique small family feel culture in Exeter where staff retention and motivation are high.
The Role: The company is looking for an experienced Stock and Logistics Manager, you will report to the Operations Director, and ensure an efficient and effective supply chain. You will also manage the Distribution budget and work with the client and third-party logistics teams to identify ways to improve Cost to Serve. You will ensure excellent on-shelf availability, develop and manage relationships with third parties and transport providers, build excellent relationships and ensure the service level agreement is maintained and key performance indicators are managed and resolved..
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Stock team and Operations Administrator ensuring objectives are in place for ongoing personal development.
- Take ownership of the company's inventory and ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Ensure invoices are thoroughly checked and all aspects sit within contracted framework. Where queries are identified, manage through to conclusion.
- Ensure all parties work to the agreed Service Level Agreement and resolve if action is needed.
- Lead business review meetings with external partners as required and ensure action points are documented and followed to resolution.
- Ensure continuous improvement actions are in place and tracked to conclusion.
- Track the sales budget and work with third parties to ensure correct resource is planned.
- Work with the sales teams and ensure and identify overspends are challenged where possible in the supply chain.
- Manage the stock level, check PO's, and challenge where needed, especially in period of overstock.
- Manage 3rd party vendor and seafreight carrier performance, and identify KPIs
- Manage returns process.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained of the inventory and investigate/resolve any discrepancies.
- Previous experience working in Operations and/or Distribution (preferred)
- Excellent level of competence with the Microsoft Office package inc; excel skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A strong desire to solve problems by identifying solutions and/or improvements
- Strong team player with a proven ability to encourage and motivate teams.
- Excellent communicator with excellent interpersonal skills to build strong business relationships, to facilitate collaboration.
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to look ahead and plan accordingly, whilst being able to react quickly to challenges and/or opportunities as they arise.
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Experience of budget management
To Apply: If you would like to know more, please don't delay in calling us today on 01392 426200, email email@example.com or apply online. This role is likely to have a high volume of applicants, so don't miss out!
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact