Accounts Assistant/Purchase Ledger Clerk
Do you have 2+years purchase ledger/accounts experience?
Are you a strong communicator?
£25k pa PLUS Up to 10% pension contribution (if employee contributes 5%), Free parking on site, Regular staff socials, CPD opportunities, Discounted Gym membership!
Based in Epsom
Monday to Friday
An amazing opportunity to join a thriving institution as an Accounts Assistant/Purchase Ledger Clerk. As an Accounts Assistant /Purchase Ledger Clerk, the post holder is responsible for ensuring the efficient processing of the financial transactions of the institution.
Sounds interesting?...Daily duties include:
- Managing Purchase Ledger function
- Oversight of the nominal Ledger
- Financial Administration
- Supporting the Finance Manager and the Bursary Team
- Processing weekly BACS payment batches and associated reports for approval by Finance Manager and release by signatories
- Responding to all accounts payable email and telephone queries
- Reconciliation of nominal ledger accounts as directed
- Reviewing nominal ledger accounts against budgets
- Producing monthly reports of expenditure for budget holders
- Ensuring that all financial data is held securely and in accordance with GDPR
- Creation of new supplier accounts in accordance with financial procedures
- Maintenance of supplier accounts - addresses, bank accounts, email addresses etc
- Reviewing Finance Email inbox on a daily basis for incoming invoices and statements and printing and saving to One Drive
- Circulation of invoices to budget holders for approval either by email or physical signature
- Assisting budget holders with queries on invoices and notifying Finance Manager of any disputes or invoices to be put on hold
- Other duties that are deemed appropriate to the role by the Bursar
To be successful in this role you'll have:
- O level/GCSE Maths and English or their equivalent
- Professionally dealing with suppliers
- Experience of purchase ledger
- Understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- IT skills: knowledge of Excel (intermediate or above) and ability to use Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
If this is for you then you should apply today! If you know someone else who may be suitable, please pass on their details or ask them to apply!
Click on the apply button or email me, Joan Collins at email@example.com for more information on the role.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact