Personal Assistant to Headteacher
Borough | Immediate Start | 1 Year FTC
Actual Salary (pro rata): £34,774 to £41,243 per annum (for term time only plus 5 days)
Office Based | Monday - Friday, 8:15am - 4:30pm (36 hours per week)
Benefits: A strong commitment to providing high quality continued professional development. Travel loans. Employee Assistance Programme. Childcare Vouchers. Bike to work scheme. Provision of annual flu vaccination free for all staff. Catering and refreshments
- To be responsible for the effective management and running of the Headteacher's and SLT's administration systems and all that this implies, devising new systems or revising systems as required
- To provide an efficient and confidential secretarial/administrative service to the Headteacher, managing all business and events as they happen on a daily basis.
- To line manage the PA to SLT
- To deal with correspondence to the Headteacher, sorting and distributing to other staff where appropriate and drafting responses where possible
- To welcome and look after external visitors on behalf of the Headteacher and ensure refreshments are available and provided.
- To screen telephone calls and queries to the Headteacher and direct these to the appropriate person, logging the information as necessary
- To attend meetings and take accurate minutes as required by the Headteacher.
- To carry out any photocopying, word processing, completion of forms and documentation as required by the Headteacher
- Work with SLT, School Business Manager and other support staff as necessary to provide recruitment administration support to all vacancies, including the placement of advertisements, the production of recruitment documentation, ensuring recruitment packs are prepared and interviews/assessments are properly scheduled
- Undertake tasks using computer systems to a high standard ensuring that the Schools administration system and HR database (SIMS) are kept up to date (e.g. employee's details, diversity information, new and existing staff details etc.)
Experience, expertise, and skills
- Experience of working in a school or public sector organisation
- Experience in providing PA / EA support to a senior leader or at executive level; or relevant transferable experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough working knowledge of Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience of working with online platforms such as SIMs etc.
- Enthusiastic, adaptable, pro-active and ability to use initiative
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact