Do you have experience in payroll and are looking for flexibility in a friendly and down to earth workplace? We have a fantastic opportunity to work with a long-standing and reputable chartered accountancy practice who are seeking a Payroll Administrator to join their busy Exeter branch - if you're interested to find out more, read on!
Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Location: Exeter / Hybrid working - 2 days from home, 3 days in office per week following training
Salary: Up to £26,000 DOE
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours Monday to Friday - however the company offer flexi-time around core hours of 10am-4pm
Benefits: Company contributory pension, Employee Reward Scheme including Private Healthcare option, rising holiday allowance based on length of employment, flexi-time scheme, social events
The Company: A reputable local friendly accountancy firm with a national presence, whose origins began over 90 years ago in 1930. Now one of the top chartered accountants in the country but still offering a personal and down to earth approach to clients and staff. They have excellent employee retention, providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment, with many social events in the calendar.
The Role: We have a great opportunity for a Payroll Administrator to join a friendly and busy Payroll Team in this established accountancy practice looking after the Exeter and Crediton branch's payroll.
Supporting the Payroll Manager, your main duty will be running end to end payrolls for over 100 clients, this includes managing pension contributions to multiple pension providers, and engaging with the varied client base this highly successful company represents.
A few times a month, you will accompany the Payroll Manager to the Crediton branch to work with the team based there. This company really values its employees and believes in inclusivity and a collaborative working style, resulting in a happy workforce and ensuring their clients reap the rewards!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create and maintain worker records on the payroll software
- Collate and sort payroll information prior to processing
- Process payroll data
- Prepare monthly bacs payments for client employees
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and investigate errors and irregularities
- Alter tax codes and payroll data via HMRC data provisioning service and pension providers
- Send weekly and monthly reports to HMRC and pension providers
- Calculate and process holiday payments
- Act alongside the Payroll Team as a first point of contact for enquiries, and respond to or refer enquiries as appropriate
- Process payroll changes in Sage, liaising with the clients for information and making relevant changes to employees' records
- Administering the starter, leaver, changes process to ensure all client payrolls have accurate and relevant information
- Create client invoices in conjunction with worker timesheets using accounting software
- Provide cover within the payroll team, and administrative support including tasks such as document creation, electronic filing and distribution of information
- Payroll experience, preferably using Sage Payroll
- Experience of creating and uploading pension contributions to multiple pension providers
- Competent IT user including MS Office and various software packages
- Manages own workload and is proactive if help or support is needed
- Adopts calm and assured approach, makes time for people, collaborative
- Ability to multitask, whilst demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met
- Good analytical skills
- A friendly, can-do attitude and positive demeanour
To Apply: If this role is of interest to you then please apply online, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 01392 426200.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact