IT OSS / BSS Senior Engineer

Our valued client is looking for a IT OSS / BSS Senior Engineer to become part of their fast growing, exciting organisation



Key Focus:


The key focus of this role is to assist with the implementation and ongoing oversight planned strategy for operational management and development so as to meet agreed organisational KPIs.



Job Description:


Key duties and responsibilities will include:




  • Implementing and maintaining appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of OSS/BSS operational management and development

  • Monitoring, measuring and reporting on core KPI targets

  • Maintenance and development of existing systems

  • Maintaining effective documentation of existing and new systems

  • Systems monitoring for performance and availability

  • Training NOC and SOC staff on effective use of systems.

  • Ensure activities and design are compliant with Company Policies, in particular IT Security Policies, GDPR and Safety Policies



Person Spec:



Qualifications/Experience:



  • Technical Degree or equivalent

  • 5 years relevant experience

  • Experience with Microsoft and Open Source software

  • Experience with Office 365, Azure AD and other cloud services

  • System administration experience - Linux and Microsoft

  • Good knowledge of infosec and IT security best practices

  • Good understanding of networking principles

  • Experience in the following would be an advantage

  • Enterprise operations

  • ISP and OSS/BSS systems

  • VMWare



Key skills & Attributes:



  • Solid organisational ability and an attention to detail

  • Good written and verbal communications skills

  • Results-driven, with good time management skills

  • Problem solver and solution provider



Benefits;


Annual Salary: £35,000K


Annual Leave: 25 days


Annual Bonus: up to 20% of salary (dependent on the company's and your own performance)


Employer Pension Contribution: 6% of salary (this will mean you will need to contribute 3% yourself, to meet the required total contribution of 9% of salary)#



For more information, please contact me for an informal chat on 01392 426200 or email charlotte.lawes@office-angels.com


Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.


By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy

To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Charlotte Lawes