Are you an experienced HR professional looking to work for an innovative, successful and leading company? Do you want to work for a company that puts a positive culture at the forefront of their business ensuring employees feel valued and enjoy going to work? Do you thrive when working collaboratively to strive towards company success? If so, this could be your next exciting career venture!
JOB TITLE: HR Advisor
LOCATION: Bridgwater, Somerset (office based)
SALARY: up to £38,000 dependant on experience
HOURS: Monday-Friday office hours, flexibility on start and finish time.
BENEFITS: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, 5% contributory pension, employee discount scheme including reduced travel scheme for you and family members, Life Assurance, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, discounted gym membership, annual pay reviews.
THE COMPANY: A leading business going through an exciting time of growth. This company have an excellent local reputation and truly value their employees understanding their success in driven by their people.
THE ROLE: You will support the team in delivering a robust, credible and highly effective People function by building strong relationships, maintaining excellent people processes and leading on engagement and development activities for the business. You will also be responsible for deputising in the absence of the People Manager.
- You will support the Senior HR team members to deliver the People Strategy.
- You will ensure all new and developing managers are trained on the relevant HR policies and processes.
- You will support and advise both Managers and Supervisors on People processes such as investigations, disciplinaries and grievances.
- You will establish strong working relationships throughout the business to ensure robust and credible delivery of the HR function in line with the needs of the business and project.
- You will ensure all ER cases are managed in an effective and timely manner, through the weekly ER meeting - including conduct, capability and grievances.
- You will manage short and long-term absences, aiming to reduce sickness absence costs and days.
- You will support disciplinary and grievance hearings - taking notes and advising in hearings where appropriate.
- You will ensure GDPR processes are robust within the HR team and regular learning opportunities are in place.
- You will run development and training workshops for the management team and developing colleagues.
- You will plan and carry out inductions.
- Knowledge of HR IT systems.
- ER Case management and Employment Law knowledge.
- Extensive generalist HR experience.
- Good understanding of IT systems including Microsoft and Excel.
- Experience of dealing with Trade Unions.
- Ideally CIPD level 3 or 5.
- A positive approach to achieving results and outcomes.
- Able to build rapport quickly with people across all areas of the business.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and empower the team and colleagues.
- Able to approach problems or challenges in a way which builds trust.
NEXT STEPS… To apply for this role please do so online or email your CV directly to email@example.com. If you would like to speak about the role in more detail before applying please call 01823 285440.
Why make Office Angels your agency of choice?
- CV advice and guidance.
- Thorough interview preparation advice and support.
- Weekly email updates of our most current opportunities.
- Support from a personable and dedicated team of experienced Consultants.
- We keep in touch! Once we place you in your new role, we keep in touch for your first few weeks to ensure you are happy and settled in.
- If we successfully find you your new role we will plant a tree in your name!
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact