JOB TITLE: Health, Safety and Environmental Site Manager
LOCATION: Yeovil, Somerset
SALARY: Up to £55,000 PA DOE
HOURS: Full time, Monday to Friday - flexibility on start and finish time.
BENEFITS: 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, 6% Pension contribution, Company Sick Scheme, Life Insurance, Death in Service, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
THE COMPANY: A large manufacturing company focused on continual investment. This highly established company produces a modern and innovative product across Europe and boasts an experienced, long standing team.
THE ROLE: As the Health, Safety and Environmental Site Manager you will be part of the site Leadership Team and will therefore be a key influencer to ensure that the site is achieving legislative compliance, zero losses and developing a safety culture through engagement and capability building of colleagues.
- You will facilitate change and be involved in interesting and diverse projects which will improve safety and behaviours at the site.
- You will develop and implement procedures to ensure legal compliance is achieved and maintained.
- You will build capabilities through coaching, mentoring and engagement to drive positive safety culture at all levels on site.
- You will ensure that Health and Safety performance indicators are tracked with expectations understood and annual plans developed to drive continuous improvement.
- You will determine and prioritise the site loss opportunities, manage Health, Safety and Environmental budget and annual capital allocation.
- You will act as a proactive and energetic member of the leadership team to lead and deliver a welcoming and supportive function.
- A qualified Health and Safety professional with experience within the manufacturing industry.
- National Nebosh Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety.
- IEMA/Nebosh Environmental Certificate.
- Able to demonstrate good influencing skills.
- Experience of working with Unions and committees to drive improvements in culture and performance.
- Excellent understanding of relevant health, safety & environmental legislation / law and how it is practically applied.
- Good understanding of change management.
- Able to demonstrate effective teamwork at all levels of the business.
NEXT STEPS…To apply for the role please apply online or email your CV directly to email@example.com. If you would like to discuss the position in more detail prior to application please contact Georgie Caddick on 01823 285440.
Why make Office Angels your agency of choice?
- CV advice and guidance.
- Thorough interview preparation advice and support.
- Weekly email updates of our most current opportunities.
- Support from a personable and dedicated team of experienced Consultants.
- We keep in touch! Once we place you in your new role, we keep in touch for your first few weeks to ensure you are happy and settled in.
- If we successfully find you your new role we will plant a tree in your name!
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact