Are you an expert Financial Controller with exceptional analytical skills?
Our client is offering competitive salary, fantastic benefits and the chance to be part of a great team!!
JOB TITLE: Financial Controller
COMPANY: Financial Services
LOCATION: West London
SALARY: £70,000 - £100,000 (this is a new role so they are flexible with salary - they are happy to offer higher for the right candidate with the right experience and aptitude for the role!)
BENEFITS: 25 days paid annual leave but there is a newly introduced flexible time-off policy, pension, private medical insurance, plus bonus to be decided
CULTURE: Passionate, professional and friendly team with a professional and progressive environment
Our client manages a large family investment fund who have entrepreneurial history of over 200 years. They use a very data-driven strategy when investing in a variety of assets, such as equities, bonds, funds, private investments, and hedging derivatives. They are searching for a Financial Controller to join their growing team.
- Supervise, insure, and provide coverage for routine operations
- Make sure that all of our controls work together to effectively manage all risks.
- Create and maintain unambiguous procedures, guidelines, and regulations on their internal Wikipedia.
- Share your thoughts with our Software team on how Okris enhancements could speed up and improve controls.
- Modify control procedures to take new portfolios and revised reporting hierarchies into account.
- Produce statutory Financial Statements o Manage (automated) daily reporting to our Investors' Group Finance team o Distribute weekly performance reports to our Investors and respond to inquiries
- Distribute strategy "Factsheets" with commentary
- Proactively modify reports to address the most pressing issue at hand
- Control accounting and month-end procedures
- Create and uphold consistent light management reporting
- Create cash flow estimates and send timely invoices to clients to guarantee that cash needs are met.
- Pay vendors and employees on schedule while keeping control of bank accounts (including managing payroll through our external provider).
- Filings required by law with Companies House, HMRC, etc.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA is advantageous
- Takes pleasure in employing regularity and structure to achieve outputs that are reliable and high-quality.
- Enjoys working on a variety of projects during the day.
- Finds solving mathematical puzzles to be enjoyable
- Knows what they do and why they do it.
- It would be beneficial but not necessary to have knowledge of fund operations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good problem-solving and time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact