Job Title: Engineering Workshop Manager
Location: Taunton, Somerset
Salary: up to £43,000 PA DOE
Hours: Core hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00-17:00 and Friday 08:00-16:00
Benefits: Impressive benefits package of: 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, private medical package and contributory pension scheme, Holiday Buy Back Scheme (of up to 5 Days), highly established and reputable business and friendly, welcoming, team orientated environment.
The Company: We are working in partnership with a leading engineering firm who supply products to a range of industries including marine, defence, aerospace, nuclear, utilities and industrial. They are a well renowned company in their field involved with multiple scale projects across the UK. You will be joining an established and knowledgeable down to earth team.
The role: Our longstanding client are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to manage the workshops, engineers, and production facilities at their Taunton site. Reporting to the Operations Manager the role will involve managing projects and a team of engineers through all aspects of installations, builds and on-site work. As the Workshop Manager you will effectively manage the Staff, Plant and Equipment to achieve a profitable and quality service.
- Reporting weekly at the company's General Works Meetings and provide Monthly reports on departmental performance.
- Taking a leading role in Health & Safety with the aim of leading initiatives within the company to codes of practices, methods statements, procedures, and risk assessments.
- Attending regular Health and Safety meetings and implementing the Company Safety procedures.
- Carrying out periodic toolbox talks with team members on a wide range of activities that are undertaken by the workshop and the engineers on a regular basis.
- Ensuring all work is completed in line with customer requirements and company quality and engineering standards.
- Preparing quotations for components re-build and repair work.
- Liaising with members of the Technical and Sales Departments to ensure Customer's delivery requirements are achieved.
- Ensuring the Workshop and Test area is maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- Managing and motivate staff to achieve their objectives.
- Overseeing the depot workshop production and output including any required testing and documentation (hard copy and electronic) as directed by Operations Manager.
- Ensuring weekly timesheets for all engineers are completed and processed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all workshop tooling is always in a safe and usable condition and assist with calibration and inspection requirements.
- Acting as technical liaison between shop floor engineers and Technical Department.
- Controlling and supervision of test facilities and ensure all testing is carried out in line with company, BFPA and HSE requirements.
- Carrying out weekly shop floor production meeting.
- Assessing and identify training requirements needs for the workshop engineers.
- Carrying out Engineering PDRs with a clear direction for individuals in line with company policy
- Assisting in achievement of all company KPI's
- Carrying out effective customer liaison as required
- Conducting site visits / audits as directed by Ops Manager
- Ensuring periodic checks of Service Engineers vehicles are conducted.
- Carrying out work 'on the tools' as required
Skills, experience, and knowledge requirements:
- Thorough understanding of engineering practices and applications.
- Good knowledge of IT systems
- Ability to read design drawings.
- Good communication skills.
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of people.
- Friendly & good humoured
- Good planning & time-management skills
- Previous experience of working with Fluid Power Systems (Desirable)
How to apply:
Please apply online or email your CV to email@example.com. If you would like to speak to someone before applying then please call the office on 01823 285440.
Why make Office Angels your agency of choice?
- CV advice and guidance.
- Thorough interview preparation advice and support.
- Weekly email updates of our most current opportunities.
- Support from a personable and dedicated team of experienced Consultants.
- We keep in touch! Once we place you in your new role, we keep in touch for your first few weeks to ensure you are happy and settled in.
- If we successfully find you your new role we will plant a tree in your name!
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact