Are you an experienced Business Operations Manager within the Education Sector?
Our client is offering competitive salary, fantastic benefits, and the chance to be part of a great team!!
The role's responsibility is to the Executive Principal for the management and effective running of the Academy's extracurricular activities.
JOB TITLE: Business Operations Manager
LOCATION: Southeast London
SALARY: £52,500- £60,500
CULTURE: A growing and changing company, passionate and innovative with excellent team morale
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT EXCLUSIVE TO:
- To strategically oversee all Academy non-academic responsibilities, including HR, facilities, administration, finance, IT, and health and safety, become a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Drive changes in the school in accordance with the school development plan.
- Assist in budget creation and ensure that the agreed budget is delivered.
- Ensure that all financial policies are followed and to obtain the best resources and services for the school.
- Follow procurement procedures to ensure value for money.
- Oversee HR and line manage the HR Administrator to ensure that all records are accurate, including checking payroll.
- Ensure the Single central point of accountability.
- Control the Immigration Sponsor Licences procedure for the Academy.
- Manage and oversee the whole administrative function of the school.
- Oversee the training and personal growth of all non-educational support employees.
- To administer and review the assigned policies and the Academy's risk and business continuity
- Line manages the facilities manager to make sure the team is adhering to all legal regulations.
- Making sure the location and facilities, within the available budget and in accordance with Health and Safety rules, offer the greatest possible learning and working environment.
- Oversee construction projects to ensure that they are finished on time, within budget, and in accordance with health and safety regulations.
- control and administration of site upkeep, security, and insurances.
- Ensuring systems are in place for efficient monitoring, measuring, and reporting of Health and Safety issues to the principal and, where appropriate, the Trust Director of Estates.
- Ensuring the Health and Safety Policy and Risk Assessment are always implemented and are subject to review and assessment at regular intervals or as situations change.
- Overseeing facility rentals to boost income Manage outside contracts, such as catering and cleaning services, to ensure SLAs are satisfied.
- Ensure that the Academy's asset register is properly managed. oversee and direct the Academy's IT department; collaborate with the director of IT to assess the technology used throughout the Academy and introduce new technology or enhance existing technology for various uses; serve as the data for the Academy
- To work within the Academy framework about Health and Safety
- To promote equal opportunities in the Academy
- To promote the ethos of the Trust and Academy
- Be aware of and assume the appropriate level of responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- To support the Academy's commitment to the continued professional development of all staff
- Report any safeguarding concerns in accordance with the Trust's safeguarding policies
- To undertake any additional duties as may reasonably require by the CEO or Executive Principal
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of the operational aspects of organisational management and business planning
- Experience working in an office or classroom setting is advantageous
- Can show significant leadership and management experience in interdisciplinary teams
- Budgeting and financial management expertise
- Capable of producing office work using Word and Excel; proficient (or better) users of the Microsoft Office suite; and knowledgeable about utilising Microsoft Office packages.
- Use your initiative on a continuous basis to communicate confidently and effectively with all stakeholders
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and handle a diverse workload
- Knowledge of facilities and premises management including health and safety requirements and legislation
- Ability to create reports to monitor KPIs
- Skilled in the presentation of documents for professional audiences
- Excellent Numeracy / Literacy skills
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact