Our amazing, fashion client are now seeking a talented Assistant Merchandiser to join the team based in their offices in Shepherds Bush. Reporting into the Merchandiser, you will be tasked with providing support to the department ensuring that we achieve our sales plan through effective forecasting and management of stock including data management.
- Assist the Merchandising team to achieve seasonal sales and profit targets based on seasonal business plan
- Work with the Buying team to establish a range of merchandise suited to the customer profile in each region. Work together to make recommendations for changes and improvements to maximise sales and profit potential
- With guidance from Merchandiser, use analysis of weekly departmental performance to take actions to trade your area and maximise profits
- Forecast sales and intake on department WSSI and manage the department's continuity business reporting back to your Merchandising for total department view
- Work closely with the MAA on the intake process, ensuring timely deliveries and that stock levels are optimised.
- Deputise for the Merchandiser in all trading and planning meetings internally and externally if and when required
- Clear communication with your team to ensure alignment and clarity, working towards department goals
- Ensure the wider business is aware of department priorities
- Prepare weekly reports to monitor performance of your department, highlighting key findings to your team.
- Produce insightful analysis for the team and wider business to help dictate the strategy going forward
- Produce analysis for the Merchandiser for range planning ensuring that the range is balanced and in line with top line strategy
- Complete seasonal markdown for the department to ensure we are maximising our margins whilst considering the competitive market
- Manage and develop any MAAs on your team by providing on the job coaching and identifying training opportunities
- Monitor and review performance of your reports, including completing and presenting their appraisals
- Relevant commercial experience gained in a fashion retail merchandising environment with an understanding of the luxury sector
- Strong analytical skills, advanced Excel knowledge essential
- Commercial awareness - working to develop full understanding of the nature of our business, products and competitive market in order to drive the best performance
- The ability to build relationships with other internal and external teams and functions for personal and business development
- A strong eye for detail, great organisational skills and works to a high level of accuracy
- Excellent work ethic and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
Here are just a few of the amazing benefits you will receive as an employee at the GROUP:
- Our famous Staff discount
- Exclusive staff sales
- Season ticket loan or cycle to work scheme
- Matched contribution pension
- Multi-purpose insurance
- Eye-care vouchers
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact