If you're looking for an opportunity as an Assistant Management Accountant, in a company where you can develop a career within Finance, then we have an ideal position for you.
Please find all the details below:
Job Title: Assistant Management Accountant
Location: Broadstairs, Kent
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
Hours: Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours a week
- 26.5 days annual leave entitlement (increasing to 27.5 after 3 full years of service)
- UK Public Bank Holidays in addition to the above annual leave entitlement
- Private Health Insurance (taxable but non-contributory)
- Company Pension
- Company Sick Pay after completion of 6 month of service
- Christmas Bonus
- Annual Company Profit-based bonus (subject to annual profits)
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Training & Development opportunities
- Eye-Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- GP and Occupational Health on site
The position: As the Assistant Management Accountant your duties would include working on product costing, maintenance of price lists, budgeting, forecasting, internal/external audit compliance and a variety admin tasks.
As the Assistant Management Accountant your main roles and responsibilities would be to:
Contribute to the delivery of an effective Finance function
- Support the development and documentation of finance systems, processes and procedures
- Ensure correct accounting policies are consistently applied
- Assist with the annual audit process
- Provide cover to ensure continuity of service, carrying out additional tasks and projects as and when required
Financial transaction processing and reconciliation
- Maintenance of company product costing system
- Approval of new product costings and changes to existing products
- Liaise with Commercial and R&D teams to provide profitability information for new products
- Liaise with commercial team to ensure integrity of customer pricing
- Prepare data/information and provide insight for monthly KPI meetings
- Responsibility for processing machine sales invoices
- Assisting with daily and monthly sales reporting
- Some balance sheet reconciliations including aged analysis and provision for inventories
- Assist with forecasts and annual budgets
- Document filing and other general administration tasks
- National Statistic and HMRC periodic returns
- Assist with Fixed Asset Accounting
- Ad hoc tasks/projects as required
- Work with Operations, Commercial and R&D teams to ensure accurate sales / profitability information
Managing and monitoring accounting risk and compliance
- Monitoring and making recommendations re product profitability
- Comply with the requirements of the finance timetable, ensuring controls are satisfied and deadlines are achieved
- Proactively investigate exceptions and queries that arise
Ideal skills and experience for the position:
- An experienced Accounts Assistant with a track record of a similarly varied role would be preferred, showing the ability to move between tasks, prioritising workload, achieving deadlines and working proactively to resolve issues.
- Understanding of double entry book-keeping for general recording of financial transactions
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Effective communication skills
- AAT and/or CIMA part qualified or a desire to study for a professional Accountancy qualification preferred but not essential
If you have the above skills and experience then please apply today - this is such an incredible opportunity where you can really grow your career at this company.
Alternatively if you know someone who may be suitable for this role please share the details. If you successfully refer a friend for the above role, you will receive a £100* voucher of your choice! Terms apply*
Please note if your skills match the requirements for the job then you will receive an e-mail from us (remember to check your junk mail). If you do please call us on 01233 611780 ASAP or within 24 hours to discuss the position in further detail with Bonnie (Candidate Manager) or Nicola (Permanent Consultant).
We look forward to your application.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact