JOB TITLE: Agricultural Project Coordinator
LOCATION: Glastonbury (this role is hybrid so you must live locally)
SALARY: Competitive salary discussed on application, depending on experience
HOURS: 8.30am- 5.00pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
BENEFITS: A well renowned and highly respected local company, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, team lunches and activities on a regular basis, free parking, casual, non-corporate environment, discounted veterinary bills, childcare vouchers scheme, company pension scheme, colleague discount scheme, buy and sell holiday and cycle to work scheme. You will also be offered a health plan which includes well-being massages, chiropractic care, free prescriptions, contribution towards dental and optical care and much more!
THE COMPANY: This company is based in the heart of Somerset where you will be joining a small, friendly and ambitious team with the added bonus of working in their beautiful grade 2 listed offices with views over farmland. This company is a leading business who specialise in providing technical services to the agricultural and farming industry
THE ROLE: You will be responsible for supporting the planning and execution of agricultural technical projects. This will also include designing, executing and monitoring every aspect of a specific project and supporting with technical requests as required. You will be required with the development of excellent leadership, customer relations and communications skills to be able to liaise effectively with all project stakeholders.
The company are currently running the TB Advisory Service (TBAS) offering farmers free biosecurity advice to protect their TB suspectable livestock as part of the DEFRA successor project.
Specific roles will include:
- Responsibility for the accuracy of the farm visit and correspondence records within the TBAS database
- Supporting and developing the TBAS vet advisers and their practices to facilitate effective progress over the project life cycle
- Training TBAS advisers - Supporting the development of the relevant materials to lead the training and development of all TBAS advisors to deliver farm advice calls and visits
- Supporting the TBAS Technical Director on all activities relating to the board
- Supporting farmer adviser visits, ensuring the project meets the key delivery timetable and liaison with vet practices
- Monitoring the TBAS reports in project performance and the completion of quarterly and annual reports as required by the TBAS delivery timetable
- Coordinating and carrying out as required TBAS telephone advice.
- Promoting and supporting project activity, visiting vet practices, attending events, using this opportunity to also promote other services that the company offers
- Liaising with selected industry wide partners, helping with promotion of service within industry to underpin project acceptance as directed by the project. This includes attendance at specific events as identified within project communication plan
You will also be required to:
- Support the development of new and existing projects, to include the identification of the opportunity, working in collaboration with Business Development Manager understand the project requirements, delivery timetable, costs, tender/proposal submission, through to securing the funding for potential new projects. This will include Government, grant funded and private projects
- Expected to share admin tasks amongst the team when required
The role offers the opportunity to develop technical skills relevant to the companies Insight Service and training courses. You will be enthusiastic to learn and develop your current skill set, upon training the role can include:
- Working to agreed plan, prepare content from speaking to team members, colleagues and associate consultants, alongside your own investigations
- Supporting technical queries when appropriate
The right candidate will:
- Ideally have an agricultural or animal science qualification, preferably to degree level. As well as a proven track record within the agricultural industry or the experience in the allied trades, with a keen technical interest in the sector
- Have excellent computer skills, in-particular with Word and Excel, with the ability to quickly develop new skills
- Be an effective team player with the initiative and drive to work on their own
- Have excellent organisational and customer services skills, together with competent verbal and written communication qualities. Report writing experience preferable
- Be committed to improving personal skills and understanding the business
For further information please apply online, call the office on 01823 285440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why make Office Angels your agency of choice?
- CV advice and guidance.
- Thorough interview preparation advice and support.
- Weekly email updates of our most current opportunities.
- Support from a personable and dedicated team of experienced Consultants.
- We keep in touch! Once we place you in your new role, we keep in touch for your first few weeks to ensure you are happy and settled in.
- If we successfully find you your new role we will plant a tree in your name!
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact