Accounts Administrator / Accounts Assistant
£c25,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Hours - Office Mon-Fri / Flexible @ 22.5 hours + - 3 or 4 days / Full time, or could accommodate school hours*
Central Tunbridge Wells
Benefits: 25days annual leave + Bank Holidays, Private Medical Insurance, Pension, Birthday off, Life Insurance, Discretionary Bonus +++
Culture: Professional, Ambitious Team, Supportive, Open Plan & Modern.
We have partnered with a well known professional establishment in Tunbridge Wells who are looking for a new Accounts Administrator to join their team. If you are looking for a role with responsibility and direct one on one daily support, please read on.
What are we looking for?
This role requires a confident, dynamic individual with enthusiasm, who can use their initiative to support the Financial Director with day-to-day activities with accounts / invoicing and credit control. You will play a key role in completing transactional finance operations to include Accounts Payable, our billing process (Accounts Receivable) and credit control.
If you have some basic accounts experience whether that be from a previous role or though your studies and with a willingness and eagerness to learn and are willing to be part of a team, read on!
What is involved?
- Checking the Accounts inbox responding to all queries within 24 hours.
- Acting as first point of contact for any Accounts incoming telephone calls.
- Completing the cycle of reporting on Work-in-Progress (WIP), generating Billing Guides for Lawyers and Consultants, raising invoices and time breakdowns.
- Handling all aspects of Credit Control including debt chasing and sending statements ensuring that processes are adhered to.
- Posting transactions to the Accounting databases to accurately maintain the Sales and Purchase Ledger and organising payment runs for authorisation.
- Processing inter-company transfers for apportioning time and cost across the Group
- Completing Bank Reconciliations on a daily basis
- Providing reports on debtor days.
- Setting up new clients/suppliers.
- Providing information for monthly financial reports for management.
- Answering phone calls into the office and dealing with client enquiries.
- Providing general admin support
- Ability to multitask and respond to changing needs in a fast paced environment.
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
- Experience in a similar role or some basic finance experience through studies.
- Good knowledge of Word/Excel and PowerPoint with an understanding of Mail Merge and using Excel formulas.
- Able to take on board information quickly and efficiently.
For the right person, there could be additional support within qualifications, such as AAT if this is something you would be interested in!
*The hours are flexible (based on a min of 22.5 hours) and can work around 3 full days / 4 full days or perhaps a 9-3pm everyday etc; there is flexibility for the right person for this role. Please let us know your ideal hours on application. Full Time would be considered also!
Apply today for this niche role with career development and a supportive team, who care about the well being of their team and have a great working ethos, plus a lovely office dog mascot!
This role is being managed by Debbie Foster and Katrina Smith
Office Angels - Tunbridge Wells - 01892 614242
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact