Accountant / Client Portfolio Manager - Taunton, Somerset
Excellent opportunity to work for a company that truly values their employees.
£35,000 - £55,000 dependant on experience
Generous Pension Scheme + Lifestyle Allowance + additional day off for your birthday
Monday - Friday, 8.45am - 5.15pm
This award-winning accountancy firm is seeking a Client Portfolio Manager join their successful and outgoing team at an exciting time of growth.
When you first walk into their modern and luxurious offices, you will see a bright and welcoming reception area with floor to ceiling meeting pods for a more open, client focused feel. Upstairs you will find the offices, all open plan with lots of natural light and space to collaborate with other departments. On your lunch break or before or after work you can utilise their stunning fully equipped gym with showers and changing room facilities or recharge in their spacious and relaxing staff room with wide screen TV, comfy sofas and fruit baskets.
You will be responsible for a varied portfolio of non-audit clients, across a range of industry sectors, including sole-traders, partnerships and limited companies. This role will be reporting directly to the directors of the accountancy practice and you will have the opportunity to take a lead role in developing this business.
Could this be your next career move?
- You will deal with the completion / reviewing of annual accounts and tax computations, for a varied portfolio of non-audit clients.
- You will ensure that all accounts & tax returns are filed with the relevant authorities on time.
- You will ensure that clients accounting records are maintained accurately throughout the year and be able to provide management figures as required.
- You will attend client meetings & create your own relationships.
- You will be confident in the use of the latest cloud software & be able to discuss with & recommend to clients.
- You will assist in the completion/review of quarterly VAT returns & filing at HMRC in line with making tax digital.
- You will assist in the review of monthly payrolls & filing at HMRC.
- You will proactively deal with client queries.
- You will draft correspondence for clients and liaise with HMRC, by telephone and email.
- You will oversee the day-to-day management of a growing department, including assigning work to staff members based on their knowledge and capabilities and helping with the development of junior members of the team.
- You will attend networking events and identify opportunities to sell additional services to existing clients & prospective new clients.
You will be competent at:
- Planning and organisation
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Client service
You will need the following knowledge and skills:
- Familiarity and an understanding of the relevant statutory compliance issues affecting the Company including, GDPR and the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Professional, personable, presentable and punctual
- Good technical knowledge of accounts preparation and tax compliance
- Familiarisation with personal and business tax regulations, plus VAT and PAYE
- Full, clean driving licence, plus unrestricted access to a car
- Organised, accurate, and able to plan the use of time efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with both clients, team members and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills
- ACA / ACCA part qualified/qualified (or equivalent) or qualified by experience, with significant relevant experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a Practice.
Why work for this company?
- Having placed with them for over 5 years now, we have seen our candidates flourish in this company
- Your training will come from the very best talent in the sector.
- As an employee-focused business you will benefit from secure employment and working for a company that truly values their employees.
- The office is great; modern, bright and very friendly - the team are industry leaders.
If you have what it takes and want to work for an excellent employer with a longstanding team, please apply online today or email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively you can contact us on 01823 285440 to discuss over the phone.
Why make Office Angels your agency of choice?
- CV advice and guidance.
- Thorough interview preparation advice and support.
- Weekly email updates of our most current opportunities.
- Support from a personable and dedicated team of experienced Consultants.
- We keep in touch! Once we place you in your new role, we keep in touch for your first few weeks to ensure you are happy and settled in.
- If we successfully find you your new role we will plant a tree in your name!
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact