2nd Line Support Helpdesk Engineer
A brand-new role has arisen for an experienced 2nd Line Support Helpdesk engineer to join a thriving, expanding and friendly office environment to be the go-to IT support.
If you are skilled in the IT sectors with ability to manage first line engineers and external resolution agencies, then this is the role for you.
A dynamic, evolving and thriving organisation which puts individuals at the heart of its business. A very rare find with huge benefits (Summer Fridays, Birthday Day off, health and well-being etc) hybrid working and outstanding progression
£42,000 - £45,000 - City of London
Could this be your next career move?
- Dealing with escalations "up" from first line, and resolutions "down" from more senior/external resolving agencies
- Dealing with incoming calls, chats and emails when these exceed first line capacity
- Assisting with first line duties when required
- Ensuring all queries / issues are logged accurately on a ticketing system regardless of source
- Providing additional triage beyond first line, using an escalation matrix to determine resolving agency
- Working on support tickets either directly or through managed escalation
- Following agreed resolutions where available
- Work with the wider IT team to identify root causes based on support tickets, and propose resolutions
- Ensure ticket SLAs are met and intervene when necessary, including providing first line resolution
- Build, present and explain weekly and monthly statistical reports on issues, problem tickets and root cause analyses
You will be able to use the following competencies in the role:
- Direct experience off first line role
- Ability to manage first line engineers, and external resolution agencies
- Excellent telephone manner and face-to-face communication skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Strong ability to follow agreed resolutions and help suggest new ones
- Advanced understanding of PCs, networks and communications, browsers, and the Microsoft application stack
- Thorough appreciation of data sensitivity, privacy, and security
- Experience working within a professional environment would be a huge advantage
- Ambition and eagerness to support and manage the IT function
Why work for this company? HUGE Benefits - Keep Reading!
- A very loyal and outstanding client of ours - we have placed so many people within the company who love it there
- You will become a part of a team with regular optional social events.
- Hybrid working scheme
- Health and wellbeing plan including
- Summer Fridays - Early finish so you can enjoy the outdoors
- Perk box with a variety of discounts and benefits
- Health cover and yearly screening
- Study support
- Birthday day off!
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact