45% of Scots happy in their current jobs
New research from Office Angels has found that the Scottish are the happiest at work: 45% of Scots are happy at work compared with just 28% of people in the West Midlands, making them the most unhappy at work. Next happiest are those from Yorkshire (42%) and London (41%).
The research also found:
- Over a third (36%) of UK workers are happy in their current jobs;
- 34% of Brits feel neutral about their current job and 30% feel unhappy;
- Men are slightly happier than women with 39% feeling happy compared with 35% of women;
- The happiest at work are the over 55s with 44% feeling happy at work compared with 35% of 16-24 year olds;
- Just a quarter (25%) of over 55s are unhappy at work compared with a third (33%) of 16-24 year olds.
Steve Kirkpatrick, Managing Director of Office Angels, said:
“On the whole people are happy in the UK but it’s north of the border that the UK’s happiest are to be found. This summer is a summer all about celebration and so if morale at work is taking a dip, now is the time to engage the whole workforce – which is better for productivity, fostering loyalty and making your team a happy, winning team”.